We accept new and gently-used clean items only. Because of limited storage, we may not be able to accept all donations. Thank you for your understanding.
We are NOT accepting the following items at this time:
- Sheets, pillow cases, pillows
- XL dog crates, small animal cages (we ARE accepting cat carriers!)
- Syringes of any kind
- Used litter boxes
Thank you for thinking of us! We hope you consider bringing these items to your local donation center.
Donations can be dropped off in our lobby during open hours. When our adoption center is closed, donations may be left outside our front door. Staff retrieves donations left outside on a daily basis. If you would like a receipt for your donation, please bring your donation when our adoption center is open and staff will be available to assist you.
High Priority Items:
Canned cat and dog food (we are always in need of wet food!)
We accept all types of wet cat and dog food, ie.: Friskies, 9 Lives, Fancy Feast and Alpo etc. But we also like to offer higher quality brands, ie.: Triumph, Fussie Cat, ProNature Holistic, Eaglepack, Wellness, Zignature etc. These brands don't have any by-products, additives, or dyes (food coloring). While these brands tend to be more expensive, they help our animals maintain a healthy diet which combats stress and boosts immunity in our population.
Feliway diffuser refills for our cats
Feliway is a synthetic copy of the feline facial pheromone, used by cats to mark their territory as safe and secure. By mimicking the cat’s natural facial pheromones, Feliway creates a state of familiarity and security in the cat's local environment. As a result, Feliway can help comfort and reassure cats while they cope with a challenging situation and help prevent or reduce the stress caused by a change in their environment. We use Feliway diffusers in each of our cat rooms. Click here to purchase diffuser refills for our kitties.
Essential oils for our dogs
The scents of vanilla, patchouli, chamomile, lavender, and Sandalwood can have a calming effect on the animals in our care. Note: Currently we have plenty of lavender and need the other scents
Paper towels, liquid dish soap, and 45-gallon lawn and leaf bags or kitchen trash bags (drawstring)
Other Wish List Items:
- Cat wand toys - click here to see an example
- SlimCat Treat Balls - click here to find them
- Peanut Butter (not the kind that allows the oil to separate)
- Tough, durable dog toys (for heavy-duty chewers), Buster Cubes, and Busy Balls
- Catnip and general cat toys!
- Frontline Plus flea treatment
- Tomahawk Live traps (cat-sized, for our TNR work) - click here to purchase
- Greens for small animals (leafy green lettuce, dandelion greens, chard, kale, etc.)
- Timothy hay for our rabbits and guinea pigs
- Procollar and Bite Not plastic collars for cats and dogs - In a continued effort to make every animal's stay here as comfortable as possible, HSCC is trying to move away from standard e-collars (coned shaped) that are bulky, awkward, noisy, and difficult to eat and drink with. Follow the links below to learn more about the inflatable ring and the plastic collar: