LEAVE YOUR LEGACY TO THE ANIMALS
Making a planned gift to the Humane Society of Chittenden County is a meaningful way to carry forward your compassion and concern for animals, and a wonderful way to say thank you to every animal that has touched your life It is one of the most effective ways to ensure that HSCC can continue to save lives and make Chittenden and Grand Isle counties of Vermont more humane communities for the animals.
Careful charitable gift planning may help reduce gift and estate taxes or have other tax benefits. We recommend that you work with your financial and legal advisors to prepare your estate plan and review it from time to time.
Planned Gift Options
- You may designate a specific amount of money, stocks, bonds, tangible property or other assets to HSCC.
- Designate a percentage of the total value of your estate.
Designate a residual bequest which directs HSCC receive the remainder of the estate, or a portion of the remainder, after all expenses and other bequests have been made
- Any or all of the balance in IRA's, 401(k)s, and other retirement savings plans can be donated to HSCC. Please consider making HSCC a full or partial beneficiary.
Life Insurance Policies, Trust and Certificates of Deposit:
- HSCC can be named as a whole or partial beneficiary under life insurance policies, trusts and Certificates of Deposits (CDs).
Charitable Remainder Trusts & Gift Annuities
- A CRT or CGA enables you to receive a lifetime income from an investment while receiving a tax deduction for the value of the investment donated to charity.
We are available to work with your estate planning and financial advisor. Please complete the Planned Gift Letter of Intent or contact our President & CEO, Joyce Cameron, at (802) 862-0135 x12 or email JoyceC@Chittendenhumane.org
HOW CAN I JOIN THE LEGACY CIRCLE?
There are many tax-advantageous ways to benefit HSCC in your estate plan:
- Name HSCC as a beneficiary in a Will or Living Trust.
- Make a gift of cash or appreciated securities to establish a charitable gift annuity with HSCC.
- Create a charitable lead trust or charitable remainder trust (CRT) and name HSCC as a beneficiary.
- Name HSCC as the beneficiary of a paid life insurance policy or retirement account.
Please complete the Statement of Testamentary Provision and return it to our address (right and below). You may provide as much or as little of the information as you feel comfortable.
Humane Society of Chittenden County
142 Kindness Court
South Burlington, VT 05403
Federal Tax ID:
Please consult your financial, tax, and/or legal advisors to determine the benefits of making a gift.
We thank you very much for considering a legacy gift to the Humane Society of Chittenden County as part of your estate plan. Please contact Joyce Cameron if you would like to discuss options in a confidential meeting: